Acoustic Guitar – Leonard CohenArranged By [Backing Vocals], Backing Vocals – Jennifer WarnesBass – Abraham LaborielOrgan – Randy WaldmanOud – John BilezikjianViolin – Raffi Hakopian
|2||The Gypsy's Wife|
Accordion – Garth HudsonAcoustic Guitar – Leonard CohenBass – Charles Roscoe BeckOud – John BilezikjianViolin – Raffi Hakopian
|3||The Lost Canadian (Un Canadien Errant)|
Arranged By – Leonard CohenConductor [Mariachi Band] – Luiz BriseñoGuitar – Ricardo Gonzalez Guitar [Biguela] – Filipe PerezGuitarrón – Everado SandovalTrumpet – Jose Perez, Pablo SandovalViolin – Agostin Cervantes, Armando Quintero, Luiz Briseño, Miguel SandovalWritten-By – M.A. Gerin-Lajoie
|4||Our Lady Of Solitude|
Bass – Charles Roscoe BeckDrums – Steve MeadorElectric Guitar – Mitch WatkinsOboe – Earle DumlerPiano – Bill GinnPiano [Yamaha] – Garth Hudson
|5||Came So Far For Beauty|
Bass – John Miller Co-producer, Arranged By, Piano – John LissauerWritten-By – J. Lissauer
Acoustic Guitar – Leonard CohenArranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Jeremy LubbockBass – Abraham LaborielOrgan – Randy WaldmanOud – John BilezikjianViolin [Solo] – Raffi Hakopian
|7||The Smokey Life|
Acoustic Guitar – Leonard CohenArranged By [Strings], Conductor [Strings] – Jeremy LubbockDrums – Steve MeadorElectric Piano – Bill GinnEnglish Horn – Earle DumlerVocals [Duet] – Jennifer Warnes, Leonard Cohen
Acoustic Guitar – Leonard CohenBacking Vocals – Jennifer WarnesBass – Abraham LaborielCello – Edgar LustgardenOrgan – Randy WaldmanOud – John BilezikjianViolin [Solo] – Raffi Hakopian
|9||Humbled In Love|
Backing Vocals – James Gilstrap, Julia Tillman, Maxine Willard, Roger St. Kenerly, Stephanie SpruillBass – Charles Roscoe BeckDrums – Steve MeadorElectric Guitar – Mitch WatkinsElectric Piano – Bill GinnSaxophone – Paul Ostermeyer
|10||Ballad Of The Absent Mare|
Conductor [Mariachi Band] – Luiz BriseñoGuitar – Leonard Cohen, Ricardo Gonzalez Guitar [Biguela] – Filipe PerezGuitarrón – Everado SandovalTrumpet – Jose Perez, Pablo SandovalViolin – Agostin Cervantes, Armando Quintero, Luiz Briseño, Miguel Sandoval
|JC 36264||Leonard Cohen||Recent Songs (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia||JC 36264||US||1979|
|JC 36264||Leonard Cohen||Recent Songs (LP, Album)||CBS||JC 36264||Canada||1979|
|88985435281||Leonard Cohen||Recent Songs (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Columbia, Legacy||88985435281||USA, Canada & Europe||2017|
|CBS 86097||Leonard Cohen||Recent Songs (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 86097||Portugal||1979|
|SBP 237378, JC 36264||Leonard Cohen||Recent Songs (LP, Album)||CBS, CBS||SBP 237378, JC 36264||Australia||1979|
- Arranged By [Harmony] – Jennifer Warnes
- Art Direction – Glen Christensen
- Cover [Portrait], Illustration – Dianne Lawrence
- Executive-Producer [Executive Arm] – Martin J. Machat
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Bernie Grundman
- Producer – Henry Lewy, Leonard Cohen
- Recorded By [Assistant], Mixed By [Assistant] – Derek Dunan, Greg Falken, Skip Cottrell
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Henry Lewy
- Written-By – L. Cohen (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 10)
Originally released in 1979.
Recorded and Mixed at A&M Studios, Hollywood, California.
Un Canadien Errant (The Lost Canadian) written in 1842.
All songs © 1979 Stranger Music Inc., BMI
Steve Meador, Charles Roscoe Beck, Bill Ginn, Mitch Watkins and Paul Ostermayer are members of the band PASSENGER from Ausin, Texas.
"This cd is dedicated to my friend IRVING LAYTON, incomparable master of the inner language."
Back cover: © 1979 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. / Distribution Sony Music
CD: ℗ 1979 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Catalog number 474750 2 on spine and disc
Catalog number COL 474750 2 on back sleeve
Catalog number 02-474750-10 on back sleeve and disc.
Made in Austria.
- Barcode (Text): 5 099747 475023
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099747475023
- Label Code: LC 0162
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
- Price Code: CB 701
- Other: CDM
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 3, 6): S0247475010-1010 45 A3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): S0247475010-0101 35 C3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): Sony Music S0247475010-0101 45 A3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): Sony Music S0247475010-0101 45 A4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 7): Sony Music S0247475010-0101 35 A2
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6; 7): IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 94W8
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 947A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 94Y6
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 94Y3
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 948A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 941A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 7): IFPI 94Z7
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Published By – Stranger Music, Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Recorded At – A&M Studios
- Mixed At – A&M Studios
- Pressed By – Sony Music – S0247475010-1010
Recent Songs - Leonard Cohen. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Recent Songs is the sixth studio album by Leonard Cohen, released in 1979. Produced by Leonard Cohen and Henry Lewy, it was a return to Cohen's acoustic folk music after the Phil Spector experimentation of Death of a Ladies' Man, but now with many jazz and Oriental influences. Leonard Cohen. 50 Essensielle. John Lissauer, Leonard Cohen. SME от лица компании Columbia CMRRA, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc. Though often abstract, Recent Songs suggested Cohen had regained a certain equilibrium after a long dark period. Track Listing. Leonard Cohen: все альбомы, включая Thanks for the Dance , Jazz Police , Bird On The Wire и другие. Leonard Cohen - Recent Songs 1979 Recent Songs was the sixth studio album by Leonard Cohen, released in 1979. Produced by Henry Lewy and the artist himself, the album was a return to Cohen's acoustic folk music after the Phil Spector experimentation of Death of a Ladies' Man, but now with many jazz and Oriental influences. The album included Gypsy violin player Raffi Hakopian, Armenian oud player located in Los Angeles John Bilezikjian, and even a Mexican Mariachi band. Learn more. Recent Listening Trend. Recent Songs is reminiscent of Cohen's earliest albums, though gypsy violin and Jennifer Warnes' beautiful vocals bring it in a new direction. Warnes became a key Cohen collaborator in the years ahead, and in the 1980s she became famous on her own for singing Up Where We Belong with Joe Cocker and I've Had the Time of My Life with Bill Medley. In late 1970, Leonard Cohen went down to Nashville with Bob Dylan's producer and Elton John's string arranger and cut an album unlike anything else that had ever been heard. Leonard Cohen - Recent Songs 1979. To favorites 3 Download album. Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash Cohen : Recent Songs,альбом, рецезия, трек-лист, mp3, тексты песен. Recent Songs is a fine, perhaps transitional album, with classics like The Guests, Window, Smokey Life, The Gypsy's Wife, from an artist who throughout his career has continually challenged himself and his audience. If you have the opportunity, catch Lenard on a tour that ends, I think, sometime in June 2009. For those who appreicate Leonard Cohen for more than nis composition, this is a must. His voice continues to get deeper and deeper and his songs continue to be mesmerizing and ingruiging. If you like and appreciate Leonard, this is a necessity for your collection. Read more
- Electric Light Orchestra / Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu (From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Glenn Frey - Soul Searchin'
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Cry Now
- Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
- Rev. Sekou Feat. Luther And Cody Dickinson - In Times Like These
- Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
- Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker
- Jeff Bradshaw - Bone Deep
- Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man
- Neil Diamond - Headed For The Future